Saturday, January 22, 2011

what type of tweeter should use for playing swiftlet sound

Some one call me few days ago asking what type of tweeter should be use in swiftlet farming. I told him I cant give him a direct answer because different people have different opinion and favour of brand and design. I not dare to claim which good which bad but I can give you some guide where most people will follow.

Never use cheapest one, think of the long working hour of the tweeter none stop from days to night, month to years, there can be big problem if some of the tweeter spoiled and causing the whole sound system break down.

By analyze the sound characteristic of the tweeter and choosing the right one for the right sound are very important. Adult bird sound are more wider compare baby sound. For external entrance hole speaker, you better use those highest quality you can get like motorola brand.

He ask me how to analyze the tweeter? I told him to bring down the tweeter and I will analyze for you. He strait away drive to my place and I analyze for him later we go for coffee at oldtown cafe, before he left he was so happy and thankful with the knowledge and cant wait for next time coffee again.(I think he will bring more speaker to test later on)

check out the analyze result and tell me how you think.click on the picture for large image. green line are actual adult bird sound effective from 1.5k to 8k. blue color graph are the tweeter performance. Some people told me not to use those tweeter with extra highs frequency as it can draw unwanted bats because bats communicate in the higher frequency range. Remember few months ago visiting a bh near pontian, the owner ask me why bats start staying in his bh half year ago and he have no way to get the bats out( he sound so sad). I ask him what you did half year ago inside bh, did you change the sound or the speaker, then he suddenly realize -oh ya, the bats start came after I add those new speaker (he said), after I explain to him and he start to remove all those add speaker, actually he does not fully understand or believe what I told him .even using unsuitable sound can draw bats. After 10 days later he call me up and good news are all those bats are gone, Thanks!

This is the tweeter of analyze arrow brand pct-9000 made in indonesia.(according to the owner, but I think all made in china)

No comments:

Post a Comment